At Oak Point Health & Vitality Centre, we’ve had the pleasure of working with wide array of athletes. We see endurance runners, sprinters, crossfitters, body builders, and rugby players -- to name just a few. This unique blend of patients has given us a deeper understanding of what each sport demands and thus, we’ve been able to create effective methods for athletes not only to become pain-free and heal faster, but also to improve their athletic performance afterwards.
Simply put, a holistic approach is required to keep athletes operating at 100% capacity. A combination of Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, alignment techniques, and kinesio taping is the ideal and the staff at Oak Point excels in incorporating these modalities. We have a proven tack record of creating wellness programs for those who want to WIN.
- reduces pain signals to the brain
- increases the blood, oxygen, and nutrients flow to injured tissues
- improves muscle activity -- especially when combined with a light, comfortable electric current
- flushes out lactic acid and other waste products from muscles
- improves range of motion and mobility
- improves circulation
- improves posture
- reduces risk of injury
- a properly aligned body moves more effectively, thus reducing wasted energy
- facilitates healing process
- reduces muscle spasms
- decompresses injured tissues
These are just some of the benefits professional and amateur athletes receive when they get treatments at Oak Point. Remember, the best time to start a wellness program is when you’re pain-free, in order to continue feeling great!
To learn more, contact us today to set up a complimentary consultation.
Written by Dimitri Boules LAc, LMT, CPE, CPT